Monday, June 4, 2012

Today's Moment of Awkward: Drunk Girl Sandwich

I was at a bar Saturday night and I got in line for the bathroom behind two drunk girls.  Standing in line you were pretty much forced to look at yourself in a giant mirror, and these drunk girls were not happy about it.

Drunk Girl #1: I don't get it.  I looked so good when I left the apartment, but now I look horrible.

Drunk Girl #2: Me too!  Is it the mirror?

Drunk Girl #1: No, I think I got fatter.

Drunk Girl #2: Me too!

They kind of turned towards me, looking for me to add something (What I'm not sure.  Was I supposed to agree that they looked fat, tell them they didn't look fat, or say that I look fat as well?  No idea).  I just shrugged.  The bathroom door opened and Drunk Girl #2 went inside, leaving Drunk Girl #1 with no one to talk to.  But me.

Drunk Girl #1: Okay, I have an idea.  I think I'll look prettier if I take off my lipstick.

She turns to me for an opinion.

Me: ... Okay.

She smears off her lipstick.

Drunk Girl #1: Is this better?

Me:  I... You... Yes?

That's when Drunk Girl #3 joined the line behind me.

Drunk Girl #3: You look great!  I like your ass!  Wait, I probably shouldn't stay that stuff.  But it's true.  Your ass looks amazing in that dress.

Drunk Girl #1: Really?  (On the verge of tears)  Really?!?  That's the nicest thing any one has said to me in a really long time.

Drunk Girl #3: Well it's true.  If I were gay I would totally want to grab your ass.

Drunk Girl #1: That's so sweet!

They are practically making out around me.  Drunk Girl #2 comes out of the bathroom, leaving the door open for Drunk Girl #1.  She ignores it.

Drunk Girl #1:  I feel like I was meant to meet you tonight.  I think this is fate.

WHAT?

Drunk Girl #3: We should totally become best friends.

Me: Umm, the bathroom is open...

Just then a male friend of Drunk Girl #1's comes up to check on her.

Drunk Girl #1: Ben, you have to meet this girl.  She's my new best friend.  She told me my ass looks good in this dress.

Now Drunk Girl #3 is sort of hitting on male friend Ben.

Me:  Bathroom...

Drunk Girl #3:  I am so happy I met you two.  I just sort of believe we're all going to be in each other's lives forever now.

Drunk Girl #1:  I know, I totally agree.

Me: Bathroom's open.  You're up.

Drunk Girl #3: We need to hang out more.

More than just this once, in line for the bathroom?  I subtly inch towards the bathroom, and slide inside.  They don't seem to notice.  I can hear them outside making plans for their life together.  This is my life, I am the awkward filling in a drunk girl sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment